If you are wondering how to properly replace your teak decking, here is a interesting video which shows how someone did it step by step. Here are the steps he completed to replace a small teak area on his boat:
- Removed all old teak decking and caulking.
- Sanded the under surface and replace any hardware or fittings that need to be replace now.
- Applied epoxy primer and polyurethane paint to prep for laying down of the teak.
- Glued down the teak frame with epoxy and screws that are too be removed later.
- Dry tested fitting of teak battens, then added screws and washers to hold them in place and give proper spacing.
- Masked off area to be caulked to simplify clean up when done caulking.
- Caulked all joints and makes sure to fill totally.
- Removed masking tape why the caulking is still wet.
- Sanded down the caulking/deck to allow for a smooth finished look.
You can see the steps below in the video. Pleas let us know in the comments below if you have any questions about any of the process or recommendations for additional steps.